Pages

11.30.2010

mmm...Supper!

I decided to try one of my Rachael recipes I have collected. They are called, "Open Faced Monte Cristo Clubs. Oh man were they good! Thanks to Senor Smarty Pants for his help. The boys thought they were "pretty good" so I'm gonna take this is a keeper!  

 
You see, for a monte cristo, prepare the bread like french bread. But instead of making it sweet with vanilla and such, you make it savory. This recipe we put in a touch of hot sauce, (I put in more than it called for and still wasn't bothered by it) and salt and pepper. Cool huh?!

 They had this delicious sauce made of dark maple syrup and grainy Dijon mustard...
 Yum!
Then I made a apple pie with a crumb topping. Super easy and delish! 

Here is the website for this wonderful recipe. Enjoy!
http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=3613

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment