Pages

4.21.2010

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary... Part I



This Winter seemed to be a long one. Now, while I love winter I couldn’t help but get Spring fever. But this fever brought some unusual symptoms. One of them: the desire to have a garden! I never thought I would want this or enjoy it. My family used to have one growing up, but it was always my dad’s domain. Over the years the garden got phased out. But this year, I want one, and I want it to be MY domain. (yes I realize my father will more than likely inch his way in) I first approached ol’ Pat about this a few weeks ago. He didn’t take me seriously. I’m not so sure I would've taken me serious either. But after numerous reminders, hints, and questions, he resigned himself and marked off my request of a much smaller garden patch compared to our old nearly an acre garden patch. This patch is closer to the house for convenience and smaller so I can manage it with as little intervention as possible! Ever since I have been thinking about this garden the above nursery rhyme has been playing in my head....




I received this picture via text message from my mom on Monday evening. Apparently my mom was thinking of the same nursery rhyme only the caption on her text read a bit different: "Jessi Jessi How Does Your Garden Grow?" My garden is 16 ft by 16 ft. I cannot wait to get out there. Last Sunday my mom and I went to the nursery and bought my plants and a few seeds. I was very selective on the types of plants I purchased...if it had a cute name and was pretty...it was in! Now for the information you all have been waiting for!
The contents of my garden will be:
Early Girl Tomatoes
Purple Beauty Peppers
Cabbage Plants
Leaf Lettuce
Radishes
Carrots
Spinach
Green Beans
Giant Sunflowers (along the south side for shade...)
A Zinnia border

My garden however will not contain Silver Bells or Cockle Shells....it will also be lacking the maids...
It is going to be the cutest garden to ever exist.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment