Pages

4.28.2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary... Part 2


My gloves..ready to get to work!


My Garden Fixings!

The garden is in the ground! Last weekend I had planned on putting all my “goods” in the ground. But Senor Smarty Pants (my beau) came home this weekend. I was so glad to see him after a few weeks apart but this did put my gardening on the back burner. So Sunday it was! I desperately wanted to finish “The Proposal” and then go garden...but my mother wasn’t hearing it. She said I needed to get out there and get it done. The lovely Nebraska wind was not making it look any more desirable either. But I got out there and got it done. We had to rake the area to get some fresh soil and then we had to use the “string markers” (yes that is the technical name) to make sure the rows were straight. I knew that my dad would not hear of this garden not having straight rows. So we were off. We planted the giant sunflowers along the south side for shade and also about 1/2 way along the west end. Then the zinnas all the way around the other sides-except for a small opening so I could get in. Then we planted the tomato plants, lettuce, 3 cabbage plants, radishes, 3 more cabbage plants, spinach, and then peppers. We had to nix the beans because we ran out of room. Oh well! Let the growing begin!


Not so sure I'm cut out for this stuff...skinny jeans...and my arms were tired
after this...row...:)


Lettuce...can't wait for this stuff


:)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment