Pages

8.18.2010

My First Skate!





Sooo....due to my lack of blogging I didn't inform my blog that I went on a little vacation to Steamboat Springs Colorado. If you ever have the chance to go I would highly suggest you go. It is a beautiful area of Colorado. There is ranching and wonderful meadows as well as the wonderful mountains.While there we were trying to find fun and different things to do. One of them had 2 of my dad's favorite words. Cheap + Skate. We of course were game. My father used to skate often and really well. The park here in town used to have a pond that would freeze over in the winter and he and his 4 siblings were frequent visitors of this pond. My mom had skated a few times when she came to visit him. Mom didn't think she should skate since one broken ankle would put her hair salon business in jeopardy. And my other brother E....well he doesn't like to try new things...can't say I'm much different but skating is such a pretty and graceful sport and well you know if it looks good I'm in. The three of us, Senor Smarty Pants, AJ and I have never skated before but we all could rollerblade.

The last words Mom said to us as we got on the ice were "Now, nobody break a leg!" See ya mom. Whatever.... Senor Smarty Pants goes at everything like he's killing snakes. He went out there immediately tryin to perform triple luxes, I could barely stand to watch him. I on the other hand. wanted to make this look good. I also didn't want to get hurt. Pain is not my thing. I must say I picked it up pretty quickly and mom says that I am a natural. Well of course mom. Aaron was a really good skater as well. It was really fun and I can't wait to go again. The town I am moving to in a few days has a ice skating rink and I plan on going a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment