Pages

8.26.2010

Well you could mow...

Well...I have moved. I have started school and all that jazz. I have mentioned before that while in school I am residing with my grandparents. Yes this college chick is living with a 75 and 82 year old. Not the typical situation for most college kids but I'm thinking that you people are starting to see that is pretty much the story of my life. So I'm here. I have had some interesting stories told to me and around me. Many comments said and then thought to myself, "Where did that come from?" I have gotten in my car to go to class and then seen my Grandpa go zipping in front of me on his little tractor lawn mower- something that brought a smile to my face. Grandma has warned me repeatedly of many things. "Jessi don't walk too fast up the stairs you might slip." "Jessi be careful and don't be afraid to call if you need us." "Jessi you might not want to put your computer on the basement floor because it may have some moisture in it and if your computer hot then it may make some steam." That one is one of my favorite. Its ridiculous.... I just smiled and said "Ok Grandma."

While I have been here I have also found out some other information. My grandparents still like to talk to each other. I mean I didn't think that they hated each other or anything but they have interesting conversations. After 58 years they still love to talk to each other. My grandpa goes outside and mows the lawn. It takes him about all day to get the lawn done. This particular day he didn't get it all done. On this day my grandma was telling us that she was up for about 3 hours in the night. She said there wasn't much on TV to occupy her time so she read. She said that maybe if it keeps happening she will start cleaning and wake us all up. Grandpa turns and looks at her and says with all seriousness...kinda...."Well you could mow...." It was priceless.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment