Pages

6.12.2010

Um...Hello Death by Chocolate!




Ok so....I made this cake...and it was sinful. Holy Moly was it delicious. My mother ate a piece and she said it made her dizzy afterwards. Between you and me- I think she's always a little dizzy! But seriously I don't think I ever ate a full piece. Chocolate to this degree is dangerous. I had been wanting to make this cake for quite sometime but never got the ingredients and to be honest i was a little scared! I made everything from scratch except i didn't grow the raspberries. But I may look into getting a bush. My brother AJ ate two pieces the 1st night the cake was around. Ya know- teenage boys- eating everything and anything in sight well the next morning he said "Jess, after I finished my second piece I felt sick, its was too rich to have two pieces at once. So that makes it official if HE says you can't have two pieces then it must be so! That homemade frosting, that was the part that took me the longest I think. I couldn't get it right I didn't like how it was tasting. So I kept adding more sugar then more milk and so on. Finally I had had it and it turned out great. We had to put the cake in the fridge the humidity is too much and after being completely chilled the frosting turned into a fudge on the cake. AHHH! Ok enough about the cake but isn't it pretty?! We all know thats my favorite part. The raspberry filling is the perfect touch and gave you a slight break from the constant chocolate. But not much of one because it too was very rich! This recipe will be a repeat that is for sure!


Miss Ais Loved the cake too! After she got done with her "ronies" she asked, "Time for cake now!?"

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment