Pages

3.28.2011

I Think I Can...I Think I Can

I've been on Spring Break. Not a crazy, sand and sun filled Spring Break. I was home and I can't say I would have done it any different. For the last 10 days I didn't go farther than 14 miles from home and that was to Senor Smarty Pants' house. It was wonderful. I babysat, ate at Shirley K's Coffee Shop, unpacked new merchandise at Hair Company for mom, taught Senor Smarty Pants a lil piano, and sat on comfy couches.

But now its back to reality. I have only 5 weeks left of the school year. (not counting finals week, but thats a short week anyway and I don't actually mind tests) Senor Smarty Pants grandpa did the Math for me and said "Thats only 25 days of school!" I hadn't thought of that and that makes it seem super short. It will come as no surprise when I say I didn't want to come back! I want Summer now! But five weeks or 25 days, however I choose to think about it, isn't long, not at all. I feel like Christmas break just ended, so if it continues to go like that I will be happy.

I'm excited to be home for a long time. Ready to begin my garden, and even positively anticipating my summer gig I scored this week. Babysitting. I'm ready to wear sundresses all the time and not wear shoes. I'm excited to go on walks and venture out to the lake. I can't wait to clear my mind from school and just "be." So with those 5 weeks ahead of me I find myself saying "I think I can, I think I can...finish strong, get everything done, get through these 6ish weeks with my sanity, yes, I THINK I can." :)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment