Pages

5.17.2011

Plant by Plant, Row by Row

So my garden is not so sweet. As I said in an earlier post it hasn't been exactly warm, and if it has gotten warm its been rainy and then cold for the next 5 days. Not exactly "Trying to Grow a Garden Here!" friendly so I'm feeling discouraged. The only plants that are doing well are the volunteer sunflowers from last season, and from the key word used, "volunteer" you can see that I never had a hand in planting those....so maybe its just me.

I bought some very interesting tomato and pepper plants. I was so excited to get them in the ground. They got one good day of sunshine...then the wind, pouring rain, and cold set in. OH, and the hail, can't forget that. My tomato plants look like they may come out of the shock and the beating, they look pretty rough, but not horrific. But my pepper plants, don't even get my started on my pitiful pepper plants! (alliteration!) Some only have one leaf left. They are so sad. There would be NOTHING left if they didn't have cans. I just pray they are hearty and snap right out of it. Now I'm just waiting for a nice day to replant the seeds that are now above ground because the rain washed all the dirt away.

I feel like I'm starting all over and I'm not overjoyed about it.

Thus ends my garden ranting.

No that's not snow that is actually hail. It was pea sized but there was so much of it and it came with such force!

All that "stuff" on the garage? Grass, tree leaves, and other plant parts. It was a mess.

P.S. I went out to cover the plants because of the chance of FROST and one of my tomato plants had its top bit off and it was pulled clean out of the ground, roots and everything. I don't know how much more it can take! I'm nursing it back to health as we speak. It gets to spend some cozy time in the insulated garage in a nice pot with lots of water.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment