Pages

5.03.2016

The Craftsman-Kitchen Roundup

I'm trying to play a bit of catchup with you. Originally Jerrel had set the moving date to April 23rd. I played around with that in my head. Thought about how we live as a family and then kindly said that I wasn't sure it was going to work for the family. 

We had a friendly discussion and came to the date of May 7th together and said "Ok, lets do this." That was two weeks ago and much has happened since, so here's some updates. 


My father-in-law had the idea to make a counter by the stovetop. I decided to add some architectural details to the piece. I hadn't been able to get anywhere to shop for old spindles so new had to do. I did my best to make them distressed. My husband was less than impressed.

"I'm going to give you a nice shiny new kitchen and you are going to beat up these spindles."

Hey man, you knew what you were getting when you married me.

I stained them with Antique Walnut, painted them the white of my trim, then sanded them to my liking. He rigged up the peg system himself to install and it works pretty dang well.


I think it turned out cute and I have a basket that will fit perfectly in that little niche for my oven mitts. Clever huh! 


Now I'm trying to decide if I should do shelving or just hang some art. 

Check out my stove too! Isn't it pretty! GE Artistry Series. Retro look right?! I love the white. I'm pretty sure I would go crazy trying to keep stainless clean. Everything is all hooked up and ready to rock and roll.

Millie is thrilled to have the countertops in so she has a place to "Sit!" Plus the sink is working now too so that's an added bonus. 


My darling child. Girl has 'tude. 


Pretty Pantry. Still probably my favorite space. 

Ignore the curly light in the fixture. I have Edison bulbs to put in them. 


I mean...that kitchen looks functional. Like how did that happen? When did that happen? What's happening to this house. TRANSFORMATION! 

BEFORE



And it's still not totally done! 


I'll leave you today with a picture of butcher block. Because I love it.

Catch ya later. Next up is photos of mud, mud, and more mud. Because we love our plaster walls and are treating them with the respect they deserve. Even though it's probably the worst job of the whole deal.

My husband is the best.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment