Pages

5.02.2016

We Needed A Break

We have set a moving date. Saturday May 7th. Like next Saturday. Am I packed? Kinda. Am I ready? Sorta. I'm coming to terms with the fact that if we get moved we get a little of our life back. We will be in the same house together most of the time. Millie can see her Daddy much like she used to. She can play in her backyard with him and her Chester dog. I can ask Jerrel to take out the trash without feeling like I'm asking too much of him. Because now, when he comes home to me, he just looks like he is ready to crash. 

So the last two weeks have been full of late nights and early mornings, compound joint dust, holy compound joint dust, paint and more paint. One more room to paint and then we can clean. For days, weeks or maybe even months. The other night I could read my husband needed a break. Or maybe the fact he said "When we move can I take a break?" gave me a hint that he needed a few hours to relax and recharge. His parents house is always a good place to do so. 

They live far out where it's quiet, have a lovely view, and nice covered patio. The weather was great so we headed out. 


I know my mother-in-law will wish I didn't share this picture of her "beautiful lawn" as she puts it but I love how the sun is hitting those dandy lions. And you know some people see weeds others see wishes. I'm going with wishes right now and you should too Sandy!



The evening wasn't totally without house stuff. I made myself a cup of tea and finalized paint colors by the fire pit. 


My husband spend a little bit making the latest yard-long Menards list which included fencing supplies and a reminder to pick up kayaks-that's right KAYAKS. We are so ready to be out in the sunshine at the lake with our girl.

Uncle jake came home and Millie had to put up with his terrorizing for a little bit. I guess it's character building. 


Naturally, Chester acted like he hadn't had attention for weeks. Wait...maybe he's actually being realistic this time. Poor guy is ready for his life to be back to normal too. Painting and paw prints don't mix so he has been missing out on the house action the last week. 

In retaliation for his neglect he found something dead to roll in and smelled horrendous this night. Then I couldn't let him in the house because he smelled so bad...so good job Chester you made your own life more miserable. 

Seriously, worst smell ever. 


Finally, PawPaw pulled up and everyone was home and accounted for. Then the real party could start. Smores.



Seeing this little smile let us know that it was ok to cut the night early this time. Our girl needed us, her Grandma, PawPaw, and yes even Uncle Jake to have some fun together. We left recharged with a belly full of Smores and smelling smoky but slept sound and ready for the next day full of house projects. 

Blessings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment