Pages

4.18.2012

::Aisi and the Arch::

Over my Spring Break my dad asked me to run an errand for him in K-town. ...Just where I wanted to go on my break-but I had asked if Aislyn could come over to play that day, so we just kinda shifted our plans and decided to take her with us and make it a fun little outing. When we got there I asked if she wanted to go to the Arch. She asked what it was and I explained to her that you wear headphones, listen to people talk and walk around. Then when she saw the actual arch and I think she was sold. 


She hopped out of the car and said "LOOK at that!" I said "Wanna picture with that giant buffalo?" She said  sure. She got up real close to it and did this. Senor Smarty Pants and I busted out laughing. 


Then she got closer and did this. This little girl is somethin' else. You never know what she is going to come up with.


Then I said "Ais take a picture with Jale (It's how Aisi says his real name) and the Arch." And she continued her antics. Hilarious. 


This is what you see when you first walk in and she was instantly eager to get up there. I was too, I really enjoy the Arch.


The figures are so realistic it took some convincing that they were just statues. She had all kinds of questions.


This trip was mostly about the adventure of the Arch for Aisi, and I understand that. I do think she got some history out of it...I think. I hope.



I think this scene is my favorite one. 


When you come to the end of the museum you can look out this window and see how fast the cars below are. I lost track of how many times Ais asked Senor Smarty Pants how fast they were going. 


This was part of the old Diner area they had set up. We all agreed that they should still have these little machines on the tables today. 


We played pretend Diner for a while and then it was time to head out. 

We went down to the gift shop. I was perfectly willing to buy her a bag of cool rocks, or maybe one larger one, you know something that related to the history. After all, the whole museum is about how Nebraska and the West was settled. But what did the little doll walk out of the Great River Road Archway Monument with? 

A necklace with a dolphin on it. 

I tried.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment