Pages

5.05.2010

Georgia On My Mind...

Tonight was my last supper at Chartwells aka the cafeteria here at school. I went in praying it was not steak night. I have never been a fan of “Steak Night” A. Its not real steak. B. I don’t really like the chicken-strip alternate choice. C. I just get tired of it. Thankfully we walked in and it was not Steak Night! It was actually a fairly decent selection of Mexican food. They were celebrating Cinco de Mayo too apparently.
So...tonight was probably the most fun I have had at supper. It actually probably ranks in the top 5 of fun nights at CCC.

It all started out with lovely conversation from my two supper companions Whinny and Ashley. We have eaten almost every meal together this year. It will be so strange to not be around them. Next our favorite lunch lady, Georgia came and joined in our conversation. Georgia is the sandwich queen. She makes my “Smoked Turkey with Colby Jack cheese on Potato Bread” every lunch. She is funny and sweet and wants to know about our lives and told us 3 the other day we were “Good Girls”. None of us are returning to CCC next year and she also said that she would miss us dearly. But after the convo with Georgia had settled another thought arose to the young men who had joined us. “Can we ride the conveyer belt that takes our trays into the kitchen?” Georgia went and made sure that their “boss” David wasn't around and that all the others in the kitchen were cool with it and Bob and Todd were off! I saw this all happening and I thought: BLOG! Whinny and Ashley thought it was humorous when I said this out loud to no one in particular. I documented it with the pictures and I laughed so hard! I would have joined in the fun but I thought my shorter shorts may make an inappropriate scene! So I sat this one out!


Bob on his Conveyer Belt Adventure!


Yes! He fit! :)


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment