Pages

5.10.2010

Moving Out!



So I have packed up, drove home and began the long process of unpacking. My dorm room naturally became more and more sterile as I began packing. By Thursday morning I was left with the bare necessities in my room and Thursday morning I began loading even those. The very last things I carried out of my room were the most important.

This is my box of letters. When Senor Smarty-Pants and I went off to separate colleges we decided to write letters to each other. It was something else to look forward to. Getting Snail Mail is so much fun. Its amazing how getting a letter can change your mood and brighten your day. I bought this cute box to hold my letters. These letters helped me get through the year. Them and the girl in the picture on top of the box. That is Ashley! She is sweet, smart, beautiful, and a wonderful young woman of God. She is one of the 3 people I will want to keep in touch with that I meet at CCC. Ashley and I are going our separate ways this fall. Neither of us are returning to CCC. I will miss her companionship. I can’t say I had ever really met someone who I was so opposite in personality traits but had so much in common otherwise! The letters and Ashley are the reason I did not fall into a complete depression. So these two remaining things in my dorm room may have been of the greatest importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment