Pages

5.28.2010

Falling Asleep to Crickets

I’m here just laying in bed minding my own business and...BAM! I need to blog. So I pull out the ol Mac and get to gettin’. I love living in the country. I have never ever lived in town and I don’t relish the thought of ever living in town. Its something about street lights, being able to look out and see a house RIGHT next to you, more cars driving by, more people, less grass around, less open space, less privacy, less nature, less crickets and bull frogs to chirp and croak you to sleep. Yeah.....its something about those things that make me not want to live in town. I suppose if you have never lived in the country you wouldn’t know the difference.

Any other time a cricket would annoy me (most things do) but not at night. Nope. Not when they are outside softly chirping and my window is open, a cool breeze is blowing in on me and the full moon is shining in. I rather like the crickets then. I like the quiet except for them. There is an occasional frog too. Oh now he is really going. :)

Yeah....I’m pretty sure I’m a country girl through and through. I may be quirky and dress funky but that doesn’t change the place where I know I belong, out here with the crickets.

I'm going to go to sleep now...

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment