Pages

5.12.2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary... Part 3

The first thing I did Friday morning was get up and go check out the garden. I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see a few little seedlings popping up from the ground. We have had some moisture and my garden is loving that!

Last weekend my Grandma Smith was informing me of some things that I needed to take care of pronto. She told me that when a spring is wet, like this one, little worms will get on your plants and pinch them off. She said that one day they will all look fine and then the next they will be bent over and nothing can save them. Grandma said though, there is an easy cure for this situation. Simply get a stick or a dried weed stock and put it in the ground very close to your plant. This way the worm cannot pinch your plan off. They will only wrap tighter around the stick-which then cannot harm.

I do not want my plants to perish in the manner so I got out there and did as I was instructed!



One of my pepper plants and its defense against the worms....



A Sunflower!



A nice little row of radishes...er...spinach...probably should make some markers....

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment