Pages

9.13.2012

Thrifty Thursday


Thrifty
Thriftier; Thriftiest 
1. Thriving by industry and frugality: prosperous. 

It's Thrifty Thursday, the time of the week where I share my thrifty finds from garage sales, antique shops, and of course thrift stores.

This week's find has a sad story behind it but I'm trying not to dwell on it. In K-town a store is closing. A store that has been open for almost 50 years. The big business world we live in today with giants like Walmart and Target monopolizing the market are causing a struggle for survival of small home-owned and operated businesses that are not solely out for the almighty dollar.  People have little education and regard for the little guy. But don't worry, everyone stampedes for the doors when they hear about the closeout sales- and it leaves Senor Smarty Pants and I wandering through the isles wondering "Where were you this whole time?" Don't answer that-I know where they were. Because we liked Bobs, we shopped at Bobs, we cared about Bobs. 

I digress. I said I wasn't going to dwell didn't I? Sorry about that, anyway Bob's had a really nice little craft section and we loved the brand of yarn that they carried, Yarn Nation. The colors were different and it also came in wool. Well we heard about the sale and decided to go and pay tribute one last time to Bob's. 



Didn't we get an awesome deal? I'm trying to focus on that- but now I wish we would have bought the whole tub of yarn-I'd give it a good home! I like to think that something will get made out of this and I can keep it for a long time. Overly dramatic? Maybe. 

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment