Pages

10.07.2010

Quote of the Week


Yesterday in Western Civilization we were discussing Charles Darwin. His travel, his studies, his findings. I couldn't really see why she was really showing us this but whatever. We got to talking about Evolution. Now, I'm not afraid of the word, it happens, we have characteristics that make us more adaptable to our surroundings its fact. But I believe that the LORD gave them to us. So the whole change species theory has holes in it, I believe. But we were talking about the iguanas on the Galapagos Islands, were Darwin studied. Our professor showed us this picture:




She then asked, "Has this iguana evolved much? Has he changed that much in all the eras?"

Here it comes!

A random kid in the middle of the class room says: "Yeah, he's changed a lot, he used to be part of that rock!"

It still cracks me up!

I could barely hold myself together. It was hilarious. The real answer is no, he hasn't changed much, the island hasn't changed so he hasn't had to. But what a quick and witty statement. I might have to sit closer to this guy.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment