Pages

10.21.2010

Rainbows and Kittens...

Ok. I know its been a few days. Just when I was getting good again about blogging fairly regularly I relapse! Anyway there is a reason I have been absent and it was because I was in the middle of an extremely long rant. I was typing this rant ahead of time. I wanted it to be clear, concise and articulate-which I have been told I am extremely good at when I am upset about something. (actual quote: “Wow Jess. You are very articulate when you are b*&#/ing someone out.” Thanks Jannelle!) So yes this... I guess you can call it an essay, has been in the works for a couple days. And while I am still extremely passionate about this topic and my views have not changed one bit on it, I don’t think I’m going to post it. I have been reading my friends blogs and their blogs are happy places, and I want my blog to continue to be that. Sure the occasional small beef with something may happen but this essay.....is something else.


So today’s post is an apology and promise. I am sorry to whoever reads this blog for my absence that you will not get much out of! And I promise to try to make this blog a happy place where you can go to read and escape for just bit into the things that bring joy, interest, purpose, and laughter into my life.


While this may be my soap box and my forum to get my ideas out into the world I think we have enough negatives. And while I know and believe that not everything is rainbows and kittens, hugs and perfection, I want to be as positive as humanly possible for me for the rest of the world. (bear with me) I won’t leave you with out a small snippet though of what I have been working on....


“Ode to WalMart”


“WalMart annoys me. Let’s just get that out in the open. I can’t stand the place, the smell, the fluorescent lights, and the grimy way my hands feel after I leave, drives me up the wall. But while these attacks to my senses make any trip there unpleasurable, the thing that really torks me off is the way they do business. And what is sad is I don’t believe this mean monopoly is what the creator, Sam Walton ever had in mind. I am permanently cutting ties with WalMart. I cannot go in there and give my money and feel good about it, and I am going to try to show you why you should consider it as well.”


Yikes.


If you really want to know more let me know and I will direct you to a few sites and a documentary that only spurred this essay.


Maybe one day all this stuff with come to a head again and I will end up posting the essay. Maybe you will get that lucky/unlucky. But for now just be happy with the muffins, sweet little girls, chocolate cakes, crochet projects, book discussions, and Holidays to come.


Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment