Pages

10.01.2010

Catching Up...STATE FAIR...


The Nebraska State Fair has moved to GI. That is only 20 mins away from where I am now. My family used to attend the Stat Fair when us kids would have something competing but it had been many years. Senor Smarty Pants and I decided to make a day of it. Plus Casting Crowns was performing a concert. The best part, the concert only cost us $8 each (our gate admission) and the 20 mins we waited in line to get our wristbands. They were first come, first serve and we got really good seats!

So we looked at the exhibits, ate some fried food, looked at the animals, and saw a concert! OH and I got to see my dear friends Ashley, Whit and Cait! I was soo glad we decided to meet up there! It was a fun day!


This is some of the fried food...this is Senor Smarty Pants' deep fried snickers and deep fried pickles. The pickles were really really good!


This is the Deep Fried Peach. It was delicious. I had never had one. I decided the state fair is for eating ridiculous food! Please disregard my wind-blown look.

This one of the quilts at the Fair. They were all so beautiful. Such tedious work.


These are a few pictures from the Casting Crowns concert. They were so good. I would go back in a heart beat!

Below is one of my favorite songs by Casting Crowns.

Favorite Lyric from the song (this week)
" And what would happen if we prayed
For those raised up to lead the way
Then maybe kids in school could pray
And unborn children see light of day"

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment