Pages

10.26.2010

Sally's Sick...


This is a picture of Sally. Ok so it may not be Sally exactly but this is what Sally looks like. By the way, Sally is my 1999 Jimmy. Sally has been a great friend since I was 17 and we have traveled many miles together, on many Friday afternoons and Sunday evenings. I was told once that your car says something about you and Sally says: this chick likes to haul a lot of stuff with her, and needs 4-wheel drive at times!


But Sally is...sick I guess you could say. Yup, yesterday I noticed she wasn’t sounding quite the same. Then she wouldn’t accelerate. Thank the LORD I was in my Grandparents driveway when this happened, but I was praying she made it, I didn’t want to walk the 1/4 mile to the house. Sally found it impossible to go over 30 mph yesterday afternoon.


I called my dad and after a series of over the phone tests and an embarrassing failed attempt to “pop the hood” Dad told me to put Sally in reverse and well...she wouldn’t move. I could push the gas and...nothing...the engine was trying to go but she wouldn’t budge. By this time I was blocking the driveway and was afraid I would be stuck there, she wouldn’t go forward now either. Dad said that my transmission was probably out and he was going to have to figure out what to do. “Talk to you later Jess.” Thanks Dad! So I prayed and put Sally in gear. She didn’t want to move. Prayed again and put it in gear again, and...she moved! I went down the driveway a bit at 10 mph now, and made a wide turn in the hay field and parked Sally in her spot.


Dad and Mom came last night with two vehicles and a trailer. One to haul Sally home and one for me to drive. Thank the LORD that I have such wonderful access to Bernie Jones Automotive and wonderful parents. For the time being I am a pickup drivin’ girl! I kinda like it.


Get Well Soon Sally. :)


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment