Pages

11.16.2011

Scheduling

The semester is quickly winding down. Paper deadlines are lurking closer and closer. Suddenly November 28th is not that far off, and I have lots to do between now and then. But a funny thing happens when this time of the semester comes around. my planner gets a workout. It's like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I want to get everything down. I go through the class schedules in all the syllabi that I have and write in all the due dates, days that we are doing group work, and even when I will blow my nose. Ok maybe not that. Anyway, it's weird.

Let me give you and example. On Monday November 21st I will be turning focus questions. I plan to remind myself that my "Concluding Philosophy Statements" for Math Methods are due Friday. Because of this upcoming due date I have penciled in that I will complete and turn them in through email on this day. I will also work on my research paper.

I really shouldn't do this. It only does 1 of 2 things:

  • I become over scheduled and overwhelmed 
  • Time crawls because I'm constantly looking ahead. 
Wait a minute. It actually does 2 of 2 things. It's silly this scheduling I do.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment