Pages

3.07.2012

Nature Nut, I'm a Nature Nut...

Does anyone else remember the PBS show called "Nature Nut?" It was on Sunday mornings and honestly I have no clue if it is still on, my PBS viewing has been minimal for the last oh 5 years or so. This show was a family favorite at our house. But the real entertainment? My dad, he would sing along with the theme song, and then he would sing the song throughout the day, heck the rest of the week. Then it would get stuck in our heads and the cycle would just continue.

This year, I've become more of a "Nature Nut." I've been really interested in holistic health and homeopathy. Having said that, Sunday night I felt like I was coming down with something, stuffy nose, sore throat and ear, and my glands seemed swollen. I woke up Monday from a sinus headache and my symptoms were worse and my nose was running. I'm not going to say that I was excited to try a few of the new things I've learned...but I was certainly interested to see what would become of it. So this is what I decided to do:

First line of defense was Garlic, I know what you are all thinking, "I can smell your breath from here." But no I didn't go gnaw on a whole bulb of garlic...only a clove a day this time...and I didn't gnaw on it. Monday I made garlic bread with my fresh garlic, Tuesday I cut my clove into fourths and swallowed them like pills, today I did the same. I learned about garlic in the Fall, its antibacterial, antiviral, and antivampireal-bad joke sorry. I also drank hot black tea-lots of it, with lemon-real lemon. I ate lots of whole foods-unprocessed meats and veggies, meals with lots of different colors and made sure I was getting my nutrients-more than I normally do.

And you know what? Today I feel better, much better. Had I not caught it as early I would probably need a few more days to see if this plan was going to work, but because I decided to nip it in the bud I'm doing well. I'll continue with my methods for a few more days until I've been 100% for a couple days but so far I'm diggin' the new methods.

Here are some other options for alternatives to antibiotics:

  1. Garlic
  2. Coconut oil
  3. Oregano essential oil
  4. Grapefruit seed extract
  5. Collodial silver
  6. High dose vitamin D
  7. High dose vitamin C
  8. High dose vitamin A
  9. Homeopathy (various remedies, depending on constitution)
I would really encourage you to scurry on over to Modern Alternative Mama and see what she has to say on the topic. She has some very interesting points of view. 


Blessings from this nut!

No comments:

Post a Comment