Pages

6.27.2012

60 years

Eeek, I've been a bit absent from my blog. Sorry about that. Things have been busy and last week just flew by! Last weekend we had the blessing of celebrating my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends all came to help celebrate this milestone.


Ahh I love my state.

We started off the weekend with a birthday party for a very special little girl. It was nice to have a little downtime for talking and laughing before the boatload of other people showed up the next day.


Mom and I headed up the decorations department-shocking, I know. We decided to go pretty neutral and simple because we were not for sure what colors the flowers were going to be. We have a plethora of canning jars in our basement so they were just perfect for the centerpieces. We simply added some glass rocks we had at home, tea lights to the jars, and some little scrapbooking embellishments and I tell you what, those tables looked so nice! We had my Grandma's wedding ring quilt on the picture table that held 4 generations. All the decorations spoke so perfectly of my Grandparents. 


The weekend filled with lots of baby holding. So much so, the day after we got home I felt odd not going and scooping up baby E. She's such a sweetie-she's started to smile and it's just darling. 

Ok, I'll stop gushing now. 


The weekend was also full of ring-around-the-rosie.
It was nice for all the little cousins to get together and play. Some of them do not get to see each other often.

I feel a bit silly not having a picture of my grandparents on this day, but they were busy! My Grandma was totally in her element-giving hugs to everyone in sight, having quippy jokes ready for people as they walked in. They had a wonderful time and that's what it was all about.

While looking around and thinking about all the years I couldn't help but think, I hope my marriage and family can emulate theirs because this is pretty dang special."

So like my Mom said "Here's to 60 years of putting up with each other!"

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment