Pages

12.20.2012

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifty
Thriftier; Thriftiest 
1. Thriving by industry and frugality: prosperous. 

It's Thrifty Thursday, the time of the week where I share my thrifty finds from garage sales, antique shops, and of course thrift stores.

Miss Lucy has the privilege of coming inside the house when we are home. She hangs out in the basement with the boys, in the laundry room an porch with the family and occasionally sneaks her way into the kitchen. In the summer she has a chance to cool off while in and in the winter she gets to warm up. 

And because I've noticed she's been rolling up in a ball out on the porch while covering her nose and because I like to spoil her I decided she needed a bed.

Have you ever paid attention to the dog bed market? I kept looking at the dog beds and thinking I could make that. 

So yesterday during the blizzard, I did. 


We have some upholstery fabric samples. I went through the stash, found 4 that coordinated, used an old sheet for the backing and got to work. We had some pillows that we didn't mind parting with for the stuffing and tada! 

I wish I would have filmed Lucy's reaction to this pillow. It was like she knew it was for her and what it was used for.


And now we will never get her off this thing

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment