Pages

5.14.2013

Road Trip!

Last week Jerrel, Aaron, and I were vagabonds. Traveling the land in the early hours of the morn. Dad had vehicles that needed to be picked up for the dealership so we gladly said we would travel to 3 different locations within 4 days. Want a week to fly by? Do something like this. But our favorite trip of the week was the trip to Texas. None of us had ever been to this part of the States and although we were only there overnight we were not disappointed and want to visit again.

It is now a tradition to stop at the state lines and snap a photo. I decided it and therefore we do it. Except for Kansas. Sorry, I'm just not a fan. We survived our long and boring drive through Kansas and made it to the first "Never Been To" state on our list. Oklahoma!

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet...

And what did we find there?
Not much. Except...


 Red, red dirt! I was so fascinated by it, I wanted to touch it, garden with it, stain some clothes with it.

After about an hour in OK, we finally made it to Texas.


And we were excited. Can you tell? Songs like "All My Ex's Live in Texas" and "Amarillo by Morning" became so much more relevant to us...and we sang them repeatedly.



We also said hello to the humidity, sticky legs, wet shirts, and crazy curls. I looked like a million bucks for most of the trip, I was not prepared for even this "little bit" of humidity.


The landscape of Texas is vastly varying, sometimes it made my head spin.


But after it was all said and done we decided we liked the constant change of scenery and the instant "home" feel that Texas projects. It was strange, even in some of the predicaments we got ourselves into I was always fairly comfortable and wanted to see more of what this place had to offer.


But after some wings, sleep, and BBQ we were behind the windshield again heading back to my first love, Nebraska.


That's ok though. especially when you get to see sunsets like this. 


God is so good. 

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment