Pages

12.31.2014

The Year of 2014

When I entered 2014 I was growing, carrying, and a little bit scared of the tiny, sweet, being inside of me. I remember thinking "So how is this all going to work?" And I meant ALL of it. 

We were waiting, we were excited, we had no clue. 


No clue of the growth that was to come, the love that was about to wash over us. The sleep we were about to miss, the laughs we were about to share.

But then she came. She meaning Millie, of course.


All 8 lbs. 5 oz of her. Wide eyed and bushy tailed. Ready to take on the world. And like everyone does we jumped in. There is no just sticking your toes in, in this parenting business. You are either in or you are out.


The year of 2014 is Our Year of Millie. 

She is sassy, spunky, smiley, sociable and adventurous. 


And she is the sauce boss. Clearly. 


We've taken pictures, went on trips, given hugs and kisses, said no, said sorry, played with toys, changed diapers, and loved Our Year of Millie.

While we still have about 2 months until the official year mark of meeting Millie I can't help but be a little emotional about the change of year...you know how I am with change. But if I just think about how incredible 2014 was to us I can't help but be a little curious of 2015.


So in not too long the clock with strike 12 midnight. The year will change. We will ring it in in our jammies cuddling our girl.


The girl who made our year.


Happy New Year to you and yours from us and ours!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment