Pages

2.07.2011

[Bug]

I'm afraid I've caught a bug. Just a little one so far. Nothing too serious but still putting a cramp in my style. It brought a stuffy and runny nose, (weird) a swollen eyelid, (weirder) drainage, (gross) and an earache from all the pressure (sucky). But I'm doing alright. My religious vitamin taking helped me but my odd eating habits the last two weeks caught up with me. (I know, I know, I just wrote a post about being healthy, shhh!) So we all are well aware of the fact that I have an inherent need-to-know so I opened up the Mac and started researching. I first wanted to see if my earache was just that, not an infection. I feel fairly confident that is all it is right now. Then I wanted to look up what I could do to make sure I beat this as quickly as possible and how to prevent it. I found some interesting stuff: 

Blow your Nose Often--and the Right Way!
It's important to blow your nose regularly when you have a cold rather than sniffling mucus back into your head. But when you blow hard, pressure can cause an earache. The best way to blow your nose: Press a finger over one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other. Wash your hands after blowing your nose.

Drink Coffee!
Drinking hot liquids, including coffee (!!!) can help wash the virus out of your mouth and down into your stomach where it can't grow due to the acids. Chicken soup, tea, or just hot water have the same effect. 


Wrap up warm
“Granny was right as far as wrapping up warm is concerned, in the prevention of colds,” says Dr Rob Hicks. “When the nostrils get cold, the immune system functions less efficiently. And if your temperature falls, your immune system is not as efficient.”
Garlic
This fragrant bulb contains a flavoring agent called alliin which acts as a decongestant. Garlic is also believed to act as an antioxidant and destroy free-radicals, the active oxygen molecules that damage cells, so add garlic liberally to your favorite food

If you are going to this last one...wait a few days till you see me...or use a mint! 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment