Pages

2.09.2011

Just Some Light Reading...

What did you do this weekend? Well I did some reading for my Children's Lit class they included: 
Here are my reviews: 
Captain Underpants- DUMB. I know that may not be shocking to you but I really tried to go into this book with an open mind and trying not to judge it. But it was just not that good of a book. I'm not sure if I would let my kids read it. It doesn't really do anything for them. It's just not that great of a literary work. 

Diary of a Wimpy Kid- This. Book. Is. HILARIOUS. It was so funny. Did you know it was actually written adults? It was so funny. I caught myself laughing out loud- Senor Smarty Pants thought I had a screw loose or something. I would suggest this book to anyone kids and adults. Just about a kid trying to get through middle school, that's a humorous thought in itself. Greg is quite the character. He wanted his mother to get him a "Journal" but she came home with a "Diary" he wasn't too happy..."Don't expect me to be all "Dear Diary" this and "Dear Diary" that. 

The Year of the Dog- This book was pretty good. It was about an Asian American girl and her family. It was very interesting it gave me a lot of insight to Asian culture. My professor brought up an interesting point, there aren't many books with children of color as the main characters. It is so important for kids to have books with children of the same race as main characters. It makes them feel important too. It was a good book! 

Next on the reading list....
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment