Pages

11.03.2010

Technicalities Suck...

I don't have bad days often. Really I don't. But when I do, oh man they are a doozy. Yesterday was one of those. 

It is time to register for classes for next semester. Due to my attitude about school lately I really am not all that excited about the prospect of...more school...I need to work on that. But I met with my advisor last week and we got all the classes lined up and figured out, all I had to do was push the enroll button on my account yesterday morning at 7 am. Upon thoroughly looking my account over, we found that I actually didn't have an updated official transcript. I took a summer class and it hadn't been sent to UNK officially yet. I requested that they send it at the end of the Summer semester, last Spring semester but somehow that got lost in translation, it happens. So I had to send for the updated transcript. I faxed the request form on Wednesday and prayed it would be here by Monday, so I could register on Tuesday morning, in the first time slot, with the rest of the juniors. 

You know where I'm going with this don't you?

You guessed it. I checked my account on Monday, and no transcript yet. That meant that I was not registering at 7 and possibly not getting the classes I needed and wanted. I was mad but I knew there was nothing I could do about it till morning so I tried to let it go. I got up and went to school. My advisor was no where to be found-annoying. So I called CCC and asked them if they did in fact get my fax and if they did send my transcript. Don, the friendliest person I talked to, said yes he did get the fax and he sent it on the 29th. He said he hoped it got here quickly for me and that I should go talk to the registrar. (an example on how great CCC's people are) So across campus I went, there was I was met with a nice enough lady, but...she didn't seem to understand what I was saying and she didn't think she could help me, she sent me to admissions, across campus. So I walked over there about ready to lose it, and explained the situation. "I have proof of the fax I sent, I got off the phone with Don 10 minutes ago, he sent it on the 29th, the only class added to the transcript is American Literature from this summer, its just a gen ed," then the big question. "Is there anything you can do for me, anyway you can help me out, so I can register right now, to get the classes I need?" I was met with a "No. We need that transcript before we can lift the hold." Again, this woman was nice enough but in my fragile state I didn't need nice enough I needed kind and helpful. 

Still no advisor, so I went to my pickup, and did what I never do, cried. I cried and cried and cried. People were walking by and I just cried, people where pulling up beside me or leaving and I just cried. I don't remember the last time I cried. I was so frustrated, I was so stuck. Then in true "Miss Jess Meltdown" fashion, all of my frustrations, worries,  some homesickness, and actually missing CCC came out. I couldn't hold it in. It was 8 am, I didn't need this, I'm not a 8 am kind of person anyway. In those moments and in some moments still, I don't want to go to school, I want to go home. I want to skip over the next 3 years. I want my transcript to get here so they can process it and lift the hold so if I do actually want to go to school I can. I want the people in the offices to be much more friendly and helpful, like everyone at CCC, they did anything to help their students out. I want them to see that we are doing the best we can and sometimes the technicalities should be thrown out the window, I'm in there, caring enough to ask, that should be worth something. I want my advisor to be around, to not be missing when I need her, and then when I find her I want her to be helpful as well. I want to feel like I have a purpose-not that I'm just killing time. I want to be fulfilled in what I am doing right now. I want to have some fun! That was my meltdown. 

So as of now, my hands are tied. I can't register, even if I wanted to. Oh...I'll stay in school, I don't know what else I would do. Senor Smarty Pants isn't exactly the "Sugar Daddy" type. But...technicalities suck. 

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment