Pages

12.22.2010

Kitchen Marathon...

I had never made a Gingerbread House before. Not even one of the pre-made ones. I went to Target to look at the pre-made Gingerbread Houses and I was perturbed at all the pre-made stuff...pre-made brownies...really people?! So I decided then and there I was making my own! I found this website and it was very helpful. http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_a_gingerbread_house/
So I made the dough, I baked it and then I made royal icing and Senor Smarty Pants and I went to work. 
 LOTS of icing. 

 All done! Mom did the wreaths and the snowman...shes ridiculous...aren't they cool?!



OH my what are these? These are Peppermint Whoopee Pies! These babies were part of my Kitchen Marathon. They were so good and weren't hard just time consuming. The filling kept squishing out but that did not ruin them one bit. They lasted about 5 hours at my house. Here's the link: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/recipedetail.jsp?recipeId=R153920

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment