Pages

10.04.2012

Thrifty Thursday


Thrifty
Thriftier; Thriftiest 
1. Thriving by industry and frugality: prosperous. 

It's Thrifty Thursday, the time of the week where I share my thrifty finds from garage sales, antique shops, and of course thrift stores.

I have a Grandma who's hobby is shopping. She tires of things quickly. She also has good taste. These three facts have played very well for the women in my family. Sometimes when we need things we ask to go in Grandma's back room, it has mustard yellow shag carpet, it's awesome-just thought I'd mention that. It's kinda like having our own private store.



A while back Grandma offered mom this rug. Mom didn't have a real need for it so she said no. But quickly found that we did need a new rug so to Grandma's magical back room she went and hauled this gem home. The rug had been outside, helping the back patio feel more like a "room" so it needed a bath but otherwise it was perfect. 


So I looked at the rug and thought "Cool, I like it." Then mom showed me the right side-that I didn't know existed. Cool texture, huh! Funky and interesting! Good work Grandma! 

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment